Grapevine Virus Testing Services
Grapevines are susceptible to many virus and virus-like agents that can negatively impact the health and quality of grapevine and its products. Detection is a first step in the management of grapevine virus diseases.
Through the Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute's (CCOVI) Virus Testing Services, they offer highly sensitive and accurate molecular virus diagnostics to help manage the health status of grapevines. CCOVI also offers High-throughput Sequencing (HTS) services for virus detection.
High-throughput Sequencing (HTS)
CCOVl's Virus Testing Services offers High-throughput sequencing (HTS) based testing services for grapevine virus detection in order to determine the phytosanitary status of the vine.
HTS offers several advantages over traditional methods:
- HTS allows for the simultaneous detection of multiple viruses in a single test, whereas traditional methods typically only detect one virus at a time. This can save time and resources and provides a more comprehensive understanding of the viral load in a grapevine.
HTS has a high sensitivity and specificity, meaning it can accurately detect even small amounts of viral DNA or RNA, which is especially important for early detection and management of viral diseases in grapevines.
- HTS is a cost-effective method for large-scale testing, as it can process many samples at once and allows for the detection of new or emerging viral pathogens that may not be targeted by traditional methods, which can help to identify new threats to grapevine health and aid in the development of effective management strategies.
With CCOVI's extensive laboratory expertise covering all workffow steps - nucleicacid extraction, library preparation, quality check, sequencing on lllumina platforms and bioinformatic analysis - they provide assistance at every stage, including project planning consultations and reporting results.
For HTS-based testing services, please contact CCOVI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Their virus testing services offer competitive pricing packages for a wide range of grapevine-infecting viruses including but not limited to:
- Grapevine Red Blotch Virus
- Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 3
- Grapevine Pinot Gris Virus
- Grapevine Fan Leaf Virus
- Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 1
- Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 2
- Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 4
- Grapevine leafroll-associated virus 7
- Grapevine rupestris stem pitting-associated virus
- Grapevine Syrah virus 1
- Tobacco ringspot virus
- Tomato ringspot virus
- Grapevine virus A
- Grapevine virus B
- Grapevine virus D
- Grapevine virus E
Please contact CCOVI regarding vineyard consultation on virus diseases and large-scale virus testing options for vineyards and nurseries.
For additional information on pricing and sample collection, labelling and transport, visit: brocku.ca/ccovi/virus-testing